Monday, June 7, 2010

Moldy Mildewy Cushions

Perhaps I forgot to mention the curtains? Also mildewy. Or moldy. Or fungusy. Take your pick, seems as if they are all represented. Fortunately, my partner in crime is a highly-skilled seamstress; an assassin with a sewing machine. Stay tuned to see what she does to replace these... Below is a shot of me laying on a bed frame. The vinyl on the wall next to me is original and part of an upgrade package (thanks for the tip, Brad) but once again, Oregon worked its cruel black magic on it and the side touching the wall is covered in something alive and black - mildew? mold? fungus? Are you seeing a trend? (I'm 69 inches tall for dimensional reference)
Below is what I could have been lying on. These are post-fabricated covers on the original mattresses. I'm not sure I want to see what's underneath the covers.
Another shot of the front section. We need a word for this that is cooler than dinette. Lounge? Booth? Suggestions? You can imagine where the couch pillows go. The folding table has an option to drop down between the booth seats and form a plank. Then the pillows that sit on top of the wood box covering the water tank go on the table top and presto! you have additional sleeping quarters. It's larger than the single mattresses in the cabin, but not sure you could sleep two on this set-up. Maybe.
The couch covers. Beautiful color scheme. Vibrant. The colors help mask the water damage. I'm terrified to see what's under these post-fabricated seat-covers. It may be alive and angry. Anybody want an obsolete trailer wheel?