Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Demolition

As indicated in prior posts, we couldn't wait to rip the interior out of Bessie. It started small, so unbelievably small. But at every turn we encountered something like the photo below, where we had to remove something to get to the item that needed removal.
Our conversation started something like this...
"Hey, let's take the cushions out - they're obviously mildewy, moldy, and smelly."
"Ok, sounds good, maybe we should take the curtains out too?"
"Yeah, that's a good idea, I'll grab them. Hey did you notice that rotten piece of wood?"
"Yeah, I can get that, it's just a few screws - pass me the flathead?"
"Here you go. Maybe I'll take that funky vinyl padding of the walls while we're at it?"
"Excellent, do it! Hey, this one's a philips, got one of those around?"
"Here you go. I'm just going to slide out these compartment doors since they're moldy too. Then I'm done, I swear, I know it's close to quitting time."
"No prob. When you're done, can you come help me with this? There's a piece here I don't understand, maybe we need to cantilever..."
It snowballed into an avalanche. And that's how in one simple week we arrived here...
That's the majority of Bessie's interior strung out under the carport. How the F does everything fit back together?