Saturday, October 9, 2010

Lights, Camera, Action!

Look who couldn't stay away! After a relaxing afternoon of knitting in the last of the October sun, Brie walked into Bessie, picked up a screwdriver and said, "Can I give it a try?"


The help was much appreciated, as the awkward angle of screwing into a curved ceiling was beginning to frustrate me.

That is a freshly sanded (and unfortunately spray-painted) aluminum bathroom light fixture that she's putting into place. I say unfortunately because the metal is just too old, tarnished, and rust-pocked to bring out it's original luster. Perhaps with more time, patience, and knowledge, I could do a better job of restoring the aluminum, and I may in the future, but for now, they work. Plus, we're keeping it vintage!

Another sanded and spray-painted light fixture. They look okay. I do love the shine of aluminum, and I may have given Rust-o-leum a bad rap before. This isn't too shabby for spray paint.


I suppose I should be thankful that a shiny silver spray paint exists, otherwise I would have had to paint the raggedy metal some funky color. Hmm, on second thought, that might not be a bad idea. Color we likey.

Below are all three new light fixtures, in place, ready for electricity. Who needs a silly camping light now?